Looking to upgrade the notebook to gutsy this weekend – backing everything up first.
Testing it out on the second desktop machine first. I’m keeping a record of everything I need to do to get a working system up and running:
- Set it up to accept remote X connections
- Install fortran compiler – gfortran using apt-get
- Install most recent gnuplot – again just with apt-get
- Install splash
- Set up a cvs/svn repository for all my code/tex
- Make sense of the massive archive/backup collection
- Install most recent Octave
- Install IDL clone
- Check opengl code, and if it’s broken, set up opengl drivers, etc
I’m working in a new job at the moment, so I want to see how much of this I can do remotely with an X session. I’m going to make seperate posts for each item, and link to them from here. I’ve been lazy configuring the laptop, and a lot of my apps are just installed in my home directory.